The usability of static analysis tooling has well-documented usability issues. In this project, we explore how to build static analysis tools that helps code developers understand and fix complex bugs, and how to engage them with a comprehensive, user-friendly GUI. The artifacts below report on an early study: a simple cognitive walkthrough.
The data below has been anonymized.
- Cognitive walkthrough questions
- Cognitive walkthrough results:
- The first sheet contains the evaluation of the cognitive walkthrough.
- The second sheet contains the answers to the post-cognitive walkthrough questionnaire.
- The third sheet contains the answers to the open-text questions of the post-cognitive walkthrough questionnaire.
- In all sheets, comments quote the participants and clarify the answers.